Learning Activity regarding Nursing: The Scope and Standards of Practice
Using your book please answer the following questions.You may use the words in the book with references included, but I believe you demonstrate understanding by explaining in your own words-this is a learning experience and it is helpful to know what you think these things mean so we can be sure you do understand what it means!
I know you are using your book, but please be sure to include the reference in APA format at the bottom of the page-thanks!
- What is the definition of Nursing?
- Using the glossary in the book define the following and then describe it in your own words
- Why do we have the Professional Nursingâ€™s Scope and Standards of Practice? (pp xi, 1, & podcast)
- Development of Standards: The Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice describe what?
- What is the difference between Scope of Practice and individual state Nurse Practice Acts?
- The Standards of practice mention the nursing process.How does it describe the Nursing Process? (p 4)
- List the 6 Standards of Practice
- List the 11 Standards of Professional Performance
- We will look at competencies next week, but why do they accompany the standards?
- What are the 5 tenets of Nursing Practice?
- What is the definition of the â€œhowâ€ of nursing?
- Read the section on integrating the Art and Science of Nursing (pp 6-13) and answer the following questions with what you think these mean-we will discuss in class-I do not expect deep detail, just a starting place for discussion
- Scope of nursing practice
- Standards of practice
- Standards of Professional nursing practice
- What does the scope describe?
- What do the standards describe?
- What is healthcare consumer-centered practice?
- What is evidence based practice?
- What is interprofessional collaboration?
- What is use of informatics?
- What is continuous quality improvement?
- How would you describe the art of nursing versus the science of nursing?Give me what you think is one example of each