Instructions for the three assignments â€“ PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed usingTimes New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Part 3 of project& Discussion Questions
- Understand issues related to strategic competitive advantage in diversified organizations (Lo 2.2)
- Gain insights into the strategy-making processes of different types of organizations ( Lo 1.7)
- Identify appropriate strategies for different situations (Lo 3.1).
This assignment 3 includes two independent sections: section 1-complement of project & section 2- discussion questions.
Section 1 = Part 3 of project
Questions (8 Marks)
Consider the same company â€˜Xâ€™ that you have already used in assignment 1& 2 and answer the following questions.
- Evaluate the performance of the main activity of your selected company (performance of principal product/service). What type(s) of criteria do you use to evaluate this performance? (2 marks)
- What type(s) of control of employees and production processes is/are used by your selected company? (1.5 mark)
- How does the corporation manage the environmental risks?(2 marks)
- Evaluate the competitive advantage of the corporation on its market. Suggest some recommendations for the managers of your selected company to improve this competitive advantage. (2.5 marks)
End of the project
Section 2 = Discussion Questions.
Discuss the following questions:
- Is the evaluation and control process appropriate for a corporation that emphasizes creativity? Are control and creativity compatible? Explain. –Max 300 words(3 Marks)
- How can corporate culture be changed? Give examples.Max 250 words(2 Marks)
- How is the cellular/modular structure different from the network structure? Give at least three differences.â€“ Max 200 words(2 Marks)