You are to answer 5 out of the 20 chapter Review Questions found on Powerpoint. Create a MS Word document, name the file Ch6_YourLastNam. Remember yes or no answers will not work, the minimum requirement for each question is 1 paragraph (at least 4 sentences). More is welcome if needed. Be sure to number the questions you are answering…
1. What is the typical relationship among the untrusted network, the firewall, and the trusted network?
2. What is the relationship between a TCP and UDP packet? Will any specific transaction usually involve both types of packets?
3. How is an application layer firewall different from a packet-filtering firewall? Why is an application layer firewall sometimes called a proxy server?
4. How is static filtering different from dynamic filtering of packets? Which is perceived to offer improved security?
5. What is stateful inspection? How is state information maintained during a network connection or transaction?
6. What is a circuit gateway, and how does it differ from the other forms of firewalls?
7. What special function does a cache server perform? Why is this useful for larger organizations?
8. Describe how the various types of firewalls interact with the network traffic at various levels of the OSI model.
9. What is a hybrid firewall?
10. List the five generations of firewall technology. Which generations are still in common use?
11. How does a commercial-grade firewall appliance differ from a commercial-grade firewall system? Why is this difference significant?
12. Explain the basic technology that makes residential/SOHO firewall appliances effective in protecting a local network. Why is this usually adequate for protection?
13. What key features point up the superiority of residential/SOHO firewall appliances over personal computer-based firewall software?
14. How do screened host architectures for firewalls differ from screened subnet firewall architectures? Which of these offers more security for the information assets that remain on the trusted network?
15. What a sacrificial host? What is a bastion host?
16. What is a DMZ? Is this really an appropriate name for the technology, considering the function this type of subnet performs?
17. What are the three questions that must be addressed when selecting a firewall for a specific organization?
18. What is RADIUS? What advantage does it have over TACACS?
19. What is a content filter? Where is it placed in the network to gain the best result for the organization?
20. What is a VPN? Why is it becoming more widely used?
You have to answer only 5Q from your choice……