write a minimum of 900 words based on the instructions below
Interview an experienced marketer, product developer, or someone in a similar function at your company or a company to which you have access. The interview can be conducted face-to-face or via Skype (or similar service).
Note: You may schedule an in-person appointment, phone appointment, or use online resources such as Skype or GoToMeeting to complete this requirement. An email could be a potential alternative choice, but only after the previous options have been requested and declined.
You will first develop a series of questions to ask during the interview. The questions should include the following:
- What efforts is top management putting in place to support innovation?
- Does everybody devote part of their daily attention to having a better business model?
- Is it clear to everybody how the company intends to innovate?
- Does creativity or bureaucracy crowd out innovation?
- What are the reasons, if any, that explains why innovation is not as effective as you want it to be?
- How does your company leverage its internal talent and its access to external talent?
- How do performance measures and rewards affect innovation?
- What are the constraints or barriers to innovation?
- How do you leverage various outside constituencies in innovation?
Summarize the responses by each interview question. Then, develop an analysis of the responses. How do they relate to best practices and what you read? Finally, develop recommendations based on the current process and best practices.
Support your paper with a minimum of three scholarly/peer-reviewed resources published in the last 5 years. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Danks, S., Rao, J., & Allen, J. M. (2017). Measuring Culture of Innovation: A Validation Study of the Innovation Quotient Instrument (Part One). Performance Improvement Quarterly, 29(4), 427â€“454.
Bogers, M., Chesbrough, H., & Moedas, C. (2018). Open Innovation: Research, Practices, and Policies. California Management Review, 60(2), 5â€“16.
Jain, V., & Banerjee, I. (2015). Innovation without borders: Six best practices to improve innovation success rates. Evalueserve White Papers, 1â€“10.
Rossi, M., Kerga, E., Taisch, M., & Terzi, S. (2014). Engineering and Design Best Practices in New Product Development: an Empirical Research. Procedia CIRP, 21, 455â€“460.
Rostami, N. A. (2015). Examining the Relationship between Marketing Capability and Innovation. International Journal of Management, Accounting & Economics, 2(1), 64â€“72.