– submit a 600-750 word “tiny” paper ; grading rubric attached below 🙂
– use 12 point Times New Roman, single-spaced, and be concise!
1. Watch this video : https://youtu.be/hRfe1skdQfA
2. In 600-750 words, explain Close’s approach to painting, and how his process makes his paintings more engaging for the viewer. Be sure to include direct references to specific areas of Close’s paintings as you write your Reflection.
ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING ISSUES AND SUPPORT YOUR IDEAS WITH CAREFUL OBSERVATIONS OF THE IMAGES:
- When Chuck Close states that his painting â€œtranscends its physical reality,” he means that the whole painting is greater than the sum of its parts. Describe the experience of seeing one of Close’s paintings up close versus seeing it from a distance.
- Although Chuck Close paints portraits based on photographs, the finished paintings do not merely look like large photographs. Briefly describe Chuck Close’s process of painting an image, and how the surfaces of his painting differ from that of a photograph.
- People today generally don’t have optical experiences because most of their visual experiences passively occur while watching commercial media. Explain how Close’s process of painting results in images that provide more engaging optical experiences for the viewer.